NewTower Trust Company,3 Bethesda Metro Center, #1600, Bethesda, MD 20814, 240.235.9960 provides fiduciary and trustee services for over $6 billion of real estate and other assets. NewTower is a non-depository trust company specializing in real estate investment. The company is chartered and supervised by the State of Maryland and headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. NewTower’s professional staff brings decades of experience in real estate investment, management, financial reporting, valuation, risk management, and portfolio reporting allowing it to offer sophisticated solutions to institutional partners seeking to participate successfully in real estate and other real asset investment markets. NewTower is experienced in implementing the principles of Responsible Property Investing (RPI), and seeks to enhance environmental, social, and governance benefits from market-competitive investments.
In 2011, a team known as the “Green T.R.U.S.T” (Team Responsible for Ushering in a Sustainable Tomorrow) at NewTower established the company’s environmental policies as an expression of each employee’s personal responsibility and the company’s corporate responsibility for maintaining an environmentally sustainable workplace. Highlights of green practices at NewTower Trust Company include:
- Green business location that offers a variety of public transit options including direct access to metro-rail, bus and bicycle storage
- Energy-efficient lighting fixtures, including office lighting that maximizes natural sunlight
- Water conservation with auto-switch-off and low-flow features
- Energy Star office and kitchen equipment
- Recycled paper products with green third-party certification
- On-site recycling for paper, commingled materials, scrap metal and electronics