Clean Currents, LLC, 8403 Colesville Rd, Suite 310 | Silver Spring, MD 20910, 301-754-0430, is a clean energy broker/aggregator licensed by the Maryland Public Service Commission (License # IR-980) and the District of Columbia Public Service Commission. We operate in Maryland, DC, Chicago, Texas, and other areas where there is a competitive electricity market. We provide residential and commercial power options in the Mid Atlantic Region, as well as supply "green-e" renewable energy credits to businesses nationwide. Clean Currents also provides consulting services to governmental, commercial and institutional customers looking to "tie all the elements together." With senior managers working for some of the best known developers in the business, Clean Currents can assist on new projects or existing buildings looking to lower their operating costs or achieve certification in LEED or Energy Star.
We are committed to sustainability in our operations as part of the core values in our business. We are proud of the actions we and our customers have taken to help improve the environment, not just through our voluntary purchases or lifestyle choices, but also through our support of positive environmental advocacy.
Some of the highlights of our actions and achievements include:
- In 2009, we received the D.C .Mayor’s Environmental Excellence Award from Mayor Adrian Fenty.
- We are members of several green business groups, including the U.S. Green Business Council, the Maryland Green Business Registry, Sustainable Business Network of Washington, Green America and Bethesda Green.
- In our offices, we launched a recycling program for our facilities and other occupants of the Rockville Innovation Center.
- For our residential customers, we kicked off the Green Neighborhood Effect, a community program that gives back to groups that switch to wind power for home in order to fund green community improvement projects.
- Four of our school clients made the EPA Green Power Partnership K-12 Top 20 Green Power Purchasers. We have also completed a 111 KW solar installation at the Bullis School, the top individual school on the EPA list.
- For our business customers, we worked with the Rockville Chamber of Commerce to start the first ever green power buying group at a chamber, helping local businesses work together to secure competitive rates for green power.
- We have a Green Benefits Package for our employees that encourages them to lessen their environmental impact through incentives from the company.
- We are members of an alliance of businesses and grassroots groups pushing for strong Federal legislation to reduce global warming emissions.